PMB Moisture Analyser
$2,943.28 – $4,123.27 inc GST
- Additional information
With simple operation and rapid response time, PMB moisture analysers offer high-performance moisture determination for food, cosmetic and other organic samples.
The PMB’s automatic test-setting function enables easy recall for frequent testing of the same items without additional user programming, whilst USB and RS-232 interfaces provide computer and printer connections to store test programs and results. No additional software is needed to take readings, giving users total freedom to collect data on a production floor or in the field.
A single 400-watt halogen bulb heats samples in 1 °C selectable increments. Three heating options give users the flexibility to customise test methods and temperatures for different materials.
- 50g to 200g
- 0.001g / 0.01% to 0.01g / 0.05%
Features and Benefits
- Scratch-resistant aluminum housing protects internal components
- Colour-coded keys facilitate quick recognition of the most frequently used buttons
- Pan lifter allows easy placement and removal of samples
- RS-232 interface is available to provide speedy connection to computers and printers
- USB host for memory card and USB I/O interface
- USB interface included for data communication
- Temperature range 50°C to 160°C in one-degree increments
- Three settings for heating sample include ramp-up, stepped temperatures and single temperature
- Seven preset drying modes allow test routines for several products
- Audible overload alarm warns when capacity is exceeded
- Testing can be set to start automatically when lid closes
- Calibration for temperature and weight
- Multilingual display allows use in many different countries
- Quick and easy configuration using the keypad
- Zero-tracking feature ensures display returns to zero reading
- Internal memory stores 49 different receipes and up to 99 test results,and additional test results and settings can be stored on a flash drive
- Vivid, backlit LCD easily visible in any lighting conditions
- Programmable backlight can be set to “always on,” “always off” or “light only when weighing”
- Capacity tracker built into display for easily monitoring possible overloads
- Mains power cord
Pre-packed food Testing:
PMB moisture analysers come complete with aluminium sample pans for testing small organic samples such as biscuits and crackers by placing them through LOD testing. Through adequate moisture tests, food standards and quality testers can ensure that the overall taste and quality of products are maintained before being placed on supermarket shelves.
Cosmetic & laboratories:
In laboratories, skin creams and cosmetic products can be tested to ensure they are the correct consistency. An abundance of moisture can dilute the product, whilst too little moisture may upset the chemical balance and cause skin irritation.
Agricultural & farming:
Moisture levels can be determined in grain such as wheat, rye and barley to ensure that the grain is of optimum quality prior to selling. Too much moisture can cause premature growth of bacteria, whilst too little moisture can cause grain to disintegrate. Animal feed that requires hay and crops also needs to be tested for moisture, to prevent contamination and water-based diseases that may affect the health of animals.
Ground & soil testing:
High-quality moisture balances such as the PMB are often employed for testing soil samples for potential building. By testing soil consistency, building contractors can ensure that structures such as bridges that need adequate support will be fully secured in the ground.
|Dimensions||48 × 39 × 30 cm|
160g x 0.001g / 0.01%, 200g x 0.01g / 0.05%, 50g x 0.001g / 0.01%
PMB 163 90mm ø Pan, PMB 202 90mm ø Pan, PMB 53 90mm ø Pan